You need to be sure you have completed the full timescale for each of your activities for each section and your assessor must agree!
To “pass” the award you now need to login to edofe and complete details of all your activities to finish your Award. Your assessor will need to provide a report.
Here is some guidance on how to finish your award.
Please read this page first. If you are still not sure about something then please contact htc or come to the dofe office for help. We can usually work things out if given time.
How to finish your Award
- TALK TO YOUR ASSESSOR: agree with them that you have completed the required timescale and goals for your section. If they agree that you have finished, ask them to write an assessor report on an assessor report card and send it to you or they can type it directly online. If they ask you to do more, then do more.
- UPLOAD ASSESSOR REPORTS: Upload to edofe all your signed assessor reports and submit them as an “assessor report” on edofe. Alternatively, assessors can upload their reports direct to your edofe page here if you give them your name and edofe id number. Assessor reports should be a thorough report of your progress and achievement, 1 paragraph, and include accurate start and finish dates of your activity showing either 3,6 or 12 months of regular activity. Any gaps in activity can be added to the end, so most end dates will extend beyond the required minimum finish time.
- UPLOAD any evidence you have that shows your progress and achievements e.g. diary logs of dates and activities, certificates, portfolio of photographic evidence of progress etc etc.
- Fill in your expedition-report-new-template-2016 and upload it to your expedition edofe page as the “Presentation”. This is often forgotten and stops awards getting finished.
- Click “submit for approval” on ALL completed sections.
- Once your evidence has been approved by DofE (this can take a while) you will receive an email saying you have successfully completed the award.
- You will then receive an invite to the RGS Award Presentation, usually in April or early May.
Please note: you have not got your award and will not get an invite to award presentations until you have completed everything on edofe as outlined on this page and received a confirmation email from dofe. Please contact us at school if you have any queries over finishing your award.
That’s it! If you follow the above instructions then you should be able to submit all sections successfully to earn your Award. BUT please keep an eye out for emails and any queries… If something isn’t quite right then DofE may not approve your award so please check dates and reports and evidence before submitting.
LOST your DofE welcome pack with record cards for assessors to sign?
Download spares here
Golden rule: please do not nag your assessor to sign! Assessors are volunteers and they will need time to sign you off and write a comment. They can turn you down if they think you have not finished for any reason. DofE will back up an assessor who is not absolutely certain you have earned your award. To be certain you need to provide them with evidence of completing the award section.
When do I need to finish by?
The target to finish getting assessor reports and evidence onto edofe is February half term.
The final deadline for Awards each year is usually in March, by which Bronze, Silver and Gold awards need to be finished in time to receive an invite to the RGS Annual Award Presentation evening which is usually early in the summer term each year. Invites are only issued to those who complete their award by the deadline.
Still stuck? … contact us at school!
Official dofe edfoe Participant_user_guide